For Web Application Penetration Testing
Terms & Conditions
Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing Authorization
In order for Encipher to properly provide your penetration testing service you are hereby requested to authorise and agree to the conditions listed here:
- You authorise Encipher's information security team to assess your security stance by conducting vulnerability assessments and penetration testing.
- These activities may involve: scanning your websites, databases, servers, network elements, and other computer systems owned by your organization with an aim to identify vulnerabilities present on these systems.
- With the knowledge of these vulnerabilities your organization may apply security fixes or other compensating controls to improve the security of your environment.
You hereby grant authorization to Encipher's information security team to conduct vulnerability assessments and penetration tests against the purchasing organization's assets.
To that end, you attest to the following: that Encipher's testers have permission to scan the organization's computer equipment to find vulnerabilities.
This permission is granted for a limited period from the day that payment is received until the pen test is fully completed and the final report is provided.
- All information relating to the Client that is known to be confidential or proprietary, or which is clearly marked as such, shall be held in confidence by Encipher and shall not be disclosed or used by Encipher except to the extent that such disclosure or use is reasonably necessary to the performance of Encipher's Work.
- All information relating to Encipher that is known to be confidential or proprietary, or which is clearly marked as such, shall be held in confidence by the Client and shall not be disclosed or used by the Client except to the extent that such disclosure or use is reasonably necessary to the performance of the Client's duties and obligations under this Agreement.
- These obligations of confidentiality shall extend for a period of 1 Year after the termination of this agreement, but shall not apply with respect to information that is independently developed by the parties, lawfully becomes a part of the public domain, or of which the parties gained knowledge or possession free of any confidentiality obligation.
Warranty and Disclaimer
Enciphers warrants that all Work will be provided in a workmanlike manner and in conformity with generally prevailing industry standards.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY ORAL OR WRITTEN REPRESENTATIONS, PROPOSALS OR STATEMENTS MADE ON OR PRIOR TO THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS AGREEMENT.