Private Pen Testing
Web Application Penetration Testing - Service
We profile your web site/application from the perspective of a skilled ethical hacker with the aim to expose its most likely threats and weaknesses. We will also examine your business processes, information flows and the technology that supports your web application.
This allows us to determine the resilience of your web site and web app to malicious attempts intending to penetrate your information systems.
Best Practice Is Not Enough
Encipher penetration testing service (aka ethical hacking) will test the security of your site. Security must be considered carefully from the very beginning of the idea all the way through SDLC and beyond.
We understand that regrettably many projects have limited resources including money, time and talent which often means that security is left out of the SDLC. However, this leaves your web applications, business and clients all vulnerable to cyber attacks, hackers and bad actors.
Regardless of whether your web site or application is live or simply in the planning and development phase, our team at Encipher will be happy and capable to provide a full range of project related services.
Benefits of Application Penetration Testing
- Test your application security before bad actors do - and they will
- Ensure Compliance with regulations and obligations
- Reduce the risk and legal ramifications of a data breach, which may be caused by security flaws
- Ensure that your site is not exposed to OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project) vulnerabilities
- Ensure encryption methodologies meet best practice and security standards
- We provide a threat model and actionable recommendations for your developers to follow during development, or when implementing upgrades
Encipher offers in-depth executive level reporting which serves as a risk-minimization tool for businesses of all sizes to satisfy both your management and technical team.
Vulnerabilities are listed and prioritised according to risk level. Our reports also provides access to mitigation strategies where appropriate.
Encipher Has A Unique Approach
Our methods and practices are based in part on work history plus the best elements of the following:
- The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)
- Australian Government Security Policies and Guidelines
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual (OSSTMM)
- Penetration Testing and Execution Standard (PTES)
Post Pen Testing - We Follow Up
After completing our pen test we will follow up. This is an additional benefit that allows all clients to engage with our experts and ask questions or seek advice on issues referred to in our report.